How to Stay Motivated – Keeping Fit and Healthy in Lockdown.
A Personal Trainer’s Tips for a Healthy Lockdown Lifestyle
To those living in lockdown, it’s no secret that social distancing and lockdown have had a massive impact on our daily lives. We need to find new ways to continue living a fit and healthy lifestyle while staying at home.
Here are some tips for staying motivated:
- Keep Going: We may be in lockdown and have to find new ways to connect and live a healthy lifestyle, but we CAN keep going. We’ve adapted our workouts so that we can continue to work out from the comfort of our own home and without the fancy gym equipment. It means making some small changes to your workouts but it’s possible, don’t put your life on pause!
- Mix it up: While isolated in our homes it’s important to keep variety in our diets and workouts. Try introducing theme nights to your daily routines. For example: in our house, we have Squat Saturday and Taco Tuesday. We look forward to these days each week and it makes our workouts and meals fun.
- Think of the Positives: There are many advantages of lockdown for your lifestyle that you may not have thought of. In lockdown, it’s up to you to choose to get out of bed and exercise. It’s up to you to choose healthy home cooking over Uber Eats! It may be difficult to make the right choice at times, and we all slip every now and then but celebrate when you make the right choices. Thank yourself and think about the progress you’ve made after each win. When lockdown is over, you’ll reap the benefits of being self-motivated.
- Set a Goal: We all know where we’ll be for the next few weeks – especially if you’re in Victoria. Why not take the opportunity to set a lifestyle goal and plan how you’ll achieve it. Make sure your goal is realistic for the time frame and get going. Remember, if you need help setting a goal, there is support available.
- Seek Support: Lockdown is the perfect time to focus on you and make lifestyle changes you’ve always wanted to make. Check out our Online Personal Training page to find out more. We’re here to offer help and expertise.
Author Michelle Scalora